general problems and solutions of fiber laser protective lenses
As we all know, the laser cutting head is the most important operating part of the laser cutting machine, the laser cutting head has the characteristics of high precision and valuable. The optical element plays an important role in the components of the laser cutting head.
In the process of cutting, the optical lens is inseparable in whole progress.
The laser cutting machine uses the energy of the laser beam to cut and focus the original beam emitted by the laser through the optical lens to form a high-density spot to cut steel pipes, plates, metals, and other materials.
1.What are the protective lenses/windows?
When the laser cuts the material, a large amount of gas and spatter will be released from the working surface, which will cause damage to the focusing mirror in the laser cutting head.in order to protect the damage from the laser cutting head. there is lenses or windows
- The sealing effect of the cutting head itself is poor.
- Mistakenly replacement of the window case of the protective lenses.
- The cleaning method of the protective lenses is incorrect.
- Unqualified vulnerable parts of the cutting head are used.
- The improper operation mode of laser cutting machine.
- Incorrect selection of laser cutting process data parameters.
- The installation method of the protective lenses in the cutting head is incorrect.
1.2 Common solutions
1. Select qualified protective lenses and “O” sealing rubber ring, which can ensure the tightness of the cutting head to the maximum extent and prevent dust from entering.
2. When using the cutting machine, operate correctly in strict accordance with the requirements of the instructions, so as to reduce the negative impact on the protective lenses due to improper operation.
3. In the process of installing and replacing the protective lenses, keep the cutting head horizontal as far as possible, install the protective mirror into the inside of the cutting head and lock it. Avoid tilting the cutting head, causing careless installation and falling into dust.
4. At present, it can guarantee the absolute tightness of the cutting head.
However, due to the low external temperature of the cutting head and the high internal temperature of the cutting head, there is always a temperature difference.
Air pressure imbalance and other reasons will cause dust to fall into the cutting head, thus affecting its life. We can install the respiratory system to keep the pressure of the cutting head stable.
5. Due to the relatively large volume of the protective lens box, it is inevitable that dust or particles will be mixed in the process of replacement.
So when changing the protective mirror, quickly remove the mirror box, and seal the window with tape or another film, and replace it carefully.
6. Different cutting processes correspond to different cutting power, cutting plate type, cutting plate thickness, and auxiliary gas. Choosing the appropriate power according to the cutting parameters is beneficial to protect the cutting head.
7. The wrong cleaning way of the protective lenses will also cause pollution and shorten span life.
The finger touches the lens directly, resulting in a fingerprint on the lens.
When cleaning the lens with a dust-free cotton swab, the lens will be scratched too hard.
1.3 Correct cleaning method
- Cleaning tools: clean cotton swabs, isopropyl alcohol, rubber air blowing.
- Spray isopropanol on dustless cotton swabs.
- The left thumb and index finger gently squeeze the side edge of the protective lens.
- Hold a dust-free cotton swab in your right hand, gently wipe the positive and negative sides of the lens from bottom to top or from left to right, and blow the surface of the lens with rubber air to make sure that there is no foreign body on the surface of the lens after cleaning.